Credits

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Friday, June 12, 2009

Independence Day !

Today is the 12th and it's independence day here in my country. Lots of activities going on both rallies and celebration. Rallies because a lot of people are protesting against the resolution passed in congress about constituent assembly. I've never followed politics and I know should as a good citizen of my country but for the life of me can't understand what is being rallied about. What really is constituent assembly? How bad will it really affect the country? It's good to fight for a cause but it's sad to see that most of the people in the rally don't even know what they are fighting about. A lot of big political figures are using it to gain votes or popularity among the people. I don't know but in my opinion they should be worried about a lot of other things right now like the global recession plus the outbreak in A (H1N1).Although there are not that many cases confirmed here in the Philippines but it's close to a hundred already. It is quite frightening that one could get sick from this. As far as I know thought there hasn't been a death yet because of this virus and I really hope there won't be. It really scares the heck out of me. It makes you feel like a prisoner really because you don't want to leave the house in fear that you might contract this virus. So much for independence huh? This is another kind of prison and I really pray that we will come out of this victorious.

1 comments:

Meryl (proud pinay) June 13, 2009 at 5:47 AM  

hi sis, happy independence day! ^_^